Advanced Leadership Program
The Advanced Leadership Program’s (ALP) primary focus is to offer supervisors and managers an advanced or in-depth training opportunity to strengthen their leadership effectiveness and management skills.
The ALP objectives are to:
- Support professional growth and development in leadership and supervisory skills.
- Offer eLearning curriculum that maximizes participant strengths and targets skills that will improve job performance.
- Provide ten targeted leadership eLearning training modules that assure successful integration of leadership knowledge/skills.
- Measure progress towards leadership goals.
Training Design and Topics
The ALP will offer each participant the opportunity to receive targeted comprehensive leadership training by:
- Offering an ALP orientation class;
- Providing a ten module eLearning training experience that includes website links and training videos;
- Supporting students by providing all course materials:
- ALP training manual;
- 10 comprehensive training module handouts and worksheets;
- 6 leadership textbooks.
Typically, students will spend 2-6 hours of guided independent preparation time corresponding to each training module. ALP is a self-paced training program. Students are encouraged to complete one training module per month and complete ALP in ten consecutive months.
The ALP instructor will facilitate the scheduling of eLearning logistics and program specific communications.
Module 1 Orientation/Introduction to ALP
Module 2 Emotional Intelligence: Part 1
Module 3 Emotional Intelligence: Part 2
Module 4 Leadership and Self-Deception
Module 5 Crucial Conversations
Module 6 Sharpening Negotiation Skills: The Getting To Yes Approach
Module 7 Accountability That Works
Module 8 Conflict Resolution and Mediation
Module 9 Managing Change and Dismantling Barriers
Module 10 Encouraging the Heart
ALP texts include:
- Leadership From The Inside Out (third edition); Cashman.
- SOS Help For Emotions ; Clark.
- Crucial Conversations: Tools For Talking When The Stakes are High, Patterson, Grenny, McMillan, Switzler.
- Getting To Yes: Negotiating Without Giving In, Fisher, Ury.
- Leadership And Self Deception: Getting Out Of the Box ; The Arbinger Institute
- Encouraging The Heart; Kouzes and Posner.
Program cost: available upon request