Leadership Competency Training
The Leadership Competency Training (LCT) program’s primary focus is to offer emergent leaders or high potential leadership candidates a training opportunity to strengthen their leadership effectiveness and develop management skills. The LCT program is designed to provide specific skills needed to lead work teams and prepare for leading collaborative teams.
The LCT objectives are to:
- Support professional growth and development in leadership and provide specific skills needed to lead work teams and prepare for leading collaborative teams;
- Offer eLearning curriculum that maximizes participant strengths and targets skills that will improve job performance;
- Provide six targeted leadership eLearning training modules that assure successful integration of leadership knowledge/skills;
- Measure progress towards leadership goals.
Training Design and Topics
The LCT program will offer each participant the opportunity to receive targeted comprehensive leadership training by:
- Offering an LCT orientation class;
- Providing a six module eLearning training experience that includes website links and training videos;
- Supporting students by providing all course materials:
- LCT training manual;
- 6 comprehensive training module handouts and worksheets;
- 4 leadership textbooks.
Typically, students will spend 2-6 hours of guided independent preparation time corresponding to each training module. LCT is a self-paced training program. Students are encouraged to complete one training module per month and complete LCT in six consecutive months.
The LCT instructor will facilitate the scheduling of eLearning logistics and program specific communications.
Module 1 Orientation/Introduction to LCT program
Module 2 Emotional Intelligence (part 1)
Module 3 Emotional Intelligence (part 2)
Module 4 Leadership and Self-Deception
Module 5 Crucial Conversations
Module 6 Time Challenged: Developing Effective Delegation Skills
LCT texts include:
- SOS Help For Emotions; Clark.
- Leadership and Self Deception: Getting Out Of The Box; The Arbinger Institute.
- Crucial Conversations: Tools For Talking When The Stakes are High, Patterson, Grenny, McMillan, Switzler.
- The Five Choices: The Path To Extraordinary Productivity; Kogon, Merrill, Rinne.
Program cost: available upon request